Are You Having Issues With Your Electrical Outlets?
December 03, 2021
Home electrical fires account for nearly 50,000 house fires a year and more than $1.3 billion of property damage! Electrical fires can be prevented by taking the right precautions. At HomeOps Electric, we value our customers’ safety. That’s why we’ve put together a list of tips and tricks you can follow to ensure your home and loved ones don’t ever have to become victims of an electrical fire. If you want to learn more about these tips and tricks or would like to schedule a safety inspection for your home, get in touch with our licensed electricians at HomeOps Electric today! We’re available whenever you need us most. Our electricians work around the clock, all day, every day of the year! Give us a call or schedule online. Here are some tips to prevent electrical fires from happening in your home:
Schedule An Inspection
Regularly scheduling an inspection with one of our electricians at HomeOps Electric can help to ensure your electrical system is installed and functioning properly. Regular inspections can catch any bad wiring or loose connections before they become dangerous or a fire hazard. To schedule an inspection, simply give us a call or schedule online today!
Cracked and Worn Out Covers
If your switches have cracked and worn out covers, it may be time to replace them. The covers on your light switch are not only there for aesthetic reasons but they also keep dust and debris from getting inside the electrical wiring. While cracked covers are an eyesore, they can quickly become a safety hazard if not handled immediately.
Hot To The Touch
There is no reason that a properly functioning outlet or switch should be hot. While they may feel warm to the touch, outlets should not feel abnormally hot. This could be a sign that the outlet or switch is overheated and needs to be replaced. Sometimes, if the wall or outlet is hot, it could be a sign of a fire starting inside the walls. It is imperative to act quickly and turn off the source of electricity in this case. If there is a fire, exit the building and call 911. If there is no sign of fire, it may be time to call an electrician to handle the problem correctly.
No, it’s not the ghosts in your attic that are making the lights flicker. If you notice flickering lights with an outlet or switch, it may be a sign that the wiring is loose and it’s time for a replacement. Flickering lights can also be a sign that a component can no longer handle the amount of electricity being sent to it. It may be time for a replacement.
At HomeOps Electric, it’s our job to keep your electrical system working and functioning as it should. If you suspect faulty wiring or think it’s time for a replacement, give us a call or schedule online. We’ll be happy to take a closer look and get your electrical system working as it should!