May 29, 2022
What to Know Before Buying an Electric Vehicle
If you’re looking to switch from a fuel-powered vehicle to a battery-operated one, there are some things you should know first. Choosing the best electric vehicle suited for you can be a long, detailed process, or it can be quick and short if you know just what you want. There are many different factors and choices you have to look into, so HomeOps Electric is here to help you filter your options. Here’s a list of different factors you should research about the vehicles you’re interested in before making your purchase.
- Operating Range – You’ll want to make sure that your chosen model is sufficient for your daily commute and regular activities. Your mileage will vary from day to day, depending on the distance you covered that day. Roads you take and the weather on a specific day also affects the energy your car spends. Driving on town roads will use up less energy compared to a drive on the highway, for example.
- Charging – Check and make sure you are able to charge your car at home. To get fully charged overnight, an electric vehicle needs a 240-volt electric outlet that allows for Level 2 charging. Have an experienced electrician install a 240-volt extension in your garage to have the most efficient charging station for your vehicle. Get your EV charging station installation done by HomeOps for better quality.
- Know Your Resources – Public chargers are generally installed in public parking garages, retail parking lots, and new-car dealerships. Most public units are on the level 2 charging level, yet there are also some that have level 3 charging. You may go on road trips with your electric vehicle and might need to make a pit stop at a local charging station. Know where everything is located in the area so you can navigate the vehicle to the nearest charging station. Other helpful supplies are also used for electric vehicles. You can call EVSE installers in Saint James, NY to supply you with anything you may need for your vehicle.
- New or Used EV? – Most branded models are priced around $30,000, with luxury EV’s priced up to $100,000. Buying a new EV brings together all the glories, with new technology and equipment, along with a full warranty. It’s quite pricey, as expected. You can save thousands by purchasing a used model, functioning just as well as a brand-new model. Weigh your options and select a model type that you will be satisfied with.
- Other Needs – Alongside the major factors to consider while purchasing your new vehicle, take time to consider your other needs as well. Does the car have enough space to hold all your shopping bags after a grocery store trip? Will a group of friends fit if they decide to hop on for a ride? Is it wide enough to hold sports equipment or strollers? These are small worries that can become a nuisance later on. You don’t want to buy a vehicle that will make your life harder, you want to find one that will fit just right in with your lifestyle.
HomeOps Electric has all the services you need for your electric vehicle. From EVSE installers to an electrician to call for when you’re struggling with a specific issue, we’ll be at your service when you call. If you ever need an EV charging station installation for your new electric vehicle, you know who to call.